Thursday, December 11, 2008
Go Green - Healthy Living Tips
Here are some ‘tried and true’ and new ideas to save money while making your home healthier and greener.
1. Keep your heat down to a reasonable temperature in winter.
2. Try not to overuse air conditioners in hot climates.
3. Install ceiling fans.
4. Dress in layers of organic cotton for cold climates.
5. Turn off computers at night from the power-strip.
6. Use energy-saving light bulbs like compact fluorescent light bulbs.
7. Turn off lights when not in use.
8. Use rechargeable batteries, or solar powered devices.
9. Make use of natural daylight.
10. Install double glazed skylights to take advantage of natural light.
11. Make sure your weather-strips are working correctly.
What Does Go Green Mean?
What Does Go Green Mean? Green can mean many different things to different people. For some, it means simply environmentally friendly and to others means living a life that is not dangerous to the health of people or animals.
When you Go Green you only use green house products that are healthy for the environment and include no toxins, you recycle to help save land fills, and you do everything possible to live healthy and reduce the impact on our earth. By living green and going green you reduce any negative impact on the planet in all possible ways.
Green cleaning products are also called eco-friendly products.
Many green products are packaged in recycled packaging, are biodegradable, and contain no phosphates, chlorine, artificial fragrances, or artificial colors. The main goal of green cleaning is to use eco-friendly cleaning solutions, recycle, using organic when possible, and promote methods that keep our environment healthy. Everyone should live in an eco friendly home!
By living green you seek to reduce negative impact on the planet in every way possible!