Saturday, October 4, 2008
Great Tips on how to save on Water
8 Ways to Save Water Without Spending a Dime
1. Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
2. Fill a milk jug with stones and place it in your toilet tank to displace water.
3. Dig up an egg timer from your kitchen and use it to cut showers down to 5 minutes.
4. Turn off the water while shaving.
5. Fix toilet and faucet leaks immediately.
6. Don't use your toilet as a trash can.
7. Collect "warm-up" water to irrigate your lawn and flowerbeds.
8. Conserve energy. The National Renewable Energy Laboratory estimates that .47 gallons of water are lost for every kilowatt-hour of power generated by coal power plants.
What Does Go Green Mean?
What Does Go Green Mean? Green can mean many different things to different people. For some, it means simply environmentally friendly and to others means living a life that is not dangerous to the health of people or animals.
When you Go Green you only use green house products that are healthy for the environment and include no toxins, you recycle to help save land fills, and you do everything possible to live healthy and reduce the impact on our earth. By living green and going green you reduce any negative impact on the planet in all possible ways.
Green cleaning products are also called eco-friendly products.
Many green products are packaged in recycled packaging, are biodegradable, and contain no phosphates, chlorine, artificial fragrances, or artificial colors. The main goal of green cleaning is to use eco-friendly cleaning solutions, recycle, using organic when possible, and promote methods that keep our environment healthy. Everyone should live in an eco friendly home!
By living green you seek to reduce negative impact on the planet in every way possible!